Saturday, October 19, 2013

Yelling at the Stars

You know that typical picture of a guy watching football? On the couch, comfy clothes, food and a drink, yelling or cheering at the tv, calling out plays while cursing out the ref or a player or team.....Well that's pretty much what it's like when my wife watches "Dancing With The Stars" It's one of the cutest things ever.

Jenn is a good sport and watches pretty much whatever I want to watch all the time so I try and watch things she enjoys with her. Plus it's got Tom Burgeron as a host! who doesn't love Tom? Jenn has recently been watching the all star season because she somehow never watched it when it was on a few years ago. I've watched most of the season with her...or at least watched her watch it :) She is so stinking cute! Normal setting is us sitting on the couch in the evening. Kids running around trying to dance along with the TV and a cup of milk with a pack of cookies. A couple will come out and dance and she'll critique them and point out their mistakes or say what they did really well. Then the judges will talk and they usually say exactly what Jenn just said. When the judges don't agree with Jenn....boy she lets them know just how wrong they are. Former football player, Emmitt Smith was on this season. My wife does not like Emmitt Smith at all. Emmitt was doing quite well and had made it very far in the season. One night Emmitt advanced to the next round while some other very deserving people were voted off. As soon as this happened Jenn started yelling at the TV "Emmitt smith needs to die" "I want to punch him in the eye!" "I wish I could kick him in the groin" "Emmitt Smith is eeeeeeeevil!" There I was sitting next to her (ok so I may have moved an arms length away to avoid any swings directed towards Emmitt) it might seem strange but I couldn't help but smile and think how adorable my wife was. There she was cursing out Emmitt Smith because of a TV Show that happened years earlier. All I could think of was how much I loved that woman and how I wanted to kiss her (something I wasn't able to do for about a half an hour afterwards). So all you guys out there can have your Superbowl parties and eat pizza and and have your guy time. I prefer to stay home and watch "Dancing With The Stars" with my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment